This has a short turn around: Please answer now!
The philanthropic, non-profit organization Cyberlearning.org has a grant available to one middle school in the State of New Hampshire to set up an online, distance learning Academy. This is a $100 million nationwide grant opportunity available to one recipient middle school in New Hampshire. The Organization was set up in 1993 to help disadvantaged schools (usually schools who have 35% of students on free or reduced cost lunch). But in order to take advantage of our program, the schools must have the ability to implement our program. They must have computers in the classroom or the ability to take computer labs. They are looking for interested districts that meet these requirements.
If your district is interested, please let me know your district and send a contact person’s email address to me. I will submit your names, and you will be asked to fill out an application. One NH Middle School will be provided with a grant. This is not a substitute for your classes, but is in addition to them. Our courses meet the core requirements and standards of learning.
I will also attach a pdf of a presentation if you are interested in learning more. Here is a summary of the materials.
K-12 STEM+ Academy:
1) 100% grant for courses including Pearson SuccessMaker and NovaNET, ranked at the top by the U.S. Education Dept. (Pearson sells these courses for $150 per student, per course, per year.)
2) 100% grant for the Total Solution Site License ISL-MM-TT services including Individualized learning, Stipends for the academy director and teachers, Learning Management system, Mentoring, Motivational rewards such as iPods, Teacher training, Tech support. (We send a team from State University of NY to help your Academy director to implement)
3) 100% grant for a Parent Academy to provide free training for parents in 60 IT and Business certifications from the very basic Microsoft Office to the very advanced Internet Security and Project Management. NEF is doing so, since NEF believes that parent involvement is crucial for student progress. (We set up a virtual academy for parents and fund classroom help sessions on weekends)
Our STEM+ academy program consists of the following online Web-based courses, many of which are rated at the top by the U.S. Education Department:
1) Pearson SuccessMaker (K-8 School ELA and Math)
2) Pearson NovaNET (9-12 School ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies)
3) Barrons Education: SAT/ACT: Top-rated test prep course
4) CyberLearning: Digital Literacy -- universally acclaimed course mandated by NCLB for all 8th graders, and systems engineering
5) Mindleaders IT: The top-rated 5,000 IT (Information Technology) courses include 60 internationally recognized certifications in Microsoft, Cisco, Adobe, Oracle, IT Security, Web Design, Networking, A+, Net+, Security+ etc., and cover all IT topics from the basic Microsoft Office to the advanced Internet Security
6) Mindleaders Business and Management: The top-rated 500 business and management courses and videos include personal development, project management, PMP (Project Management Professional) and other Project Management certifications, certification, business, management, business math, , business skills videos by experts etc.
7) Parent Academy: Using all of the MindLeader courses
PERFORMANCE: A student can advance a grade level in math or reading in 20-30 learning hours in our Total Solution system.
If you have any questions, please call Margaret Kale at 703-823-9999. Working together, we CAN help prepare your students better for college and workforce – our common mission!
Margaret Kale, K-12 Program Director
National Education Foundation
4926-C Eisenhower Ave.
Alexandria, VA 22304